Objectives of the class:
- Set up your embroidery machine for quilting.
- Create templates for positioning embroidery designs.
- Connect edge-to-edge for quilting designs with no gaps.
- Quilt small and large projects with your embroidery machine.
- Embroidery Machine, with hoops 5.6 x9.9 (small) or 6.7 x 11.7 (medium) or 7.8 x 13.8 (large)
- Book (which contains the CD for the embroidery patterns we will use)
- Edge to Edge Quilting on Your Embroidery Machine by Amelie Scott Designs
Seasonal Swirl Placemats – with Edge to Edge Quilting Technique by Amelie Scott Designs
PLEASE PLACE AN ORDER WITH CALICO STATION SO THAT YOU WILL HAVE THESE FOR THE CLASS, AND YOU BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE PREP WORK BEFORE YOUR CLASS, IF NECESSARY.
- Table Runner 14” x 51” (about) , and batting and backing about 2 – 4 inches larger than top.
- Or: fabric that is cut 14 x 51, and batting and backing about 2 – 4 inches larger than top. (This will result in a “Whole Cloth” quilted table runner.)
- Sewing and Embroidery Tool Box To include the following:
- 505 Temporary Spray, or basting pins, or Quilters Select Free Fuse basting powder
- Water soluble pen
- Embroidery Thread
- Double sided basting Tape
- Painters Tape
- Curved Sharp Embroidery Scissors
- New embroidery needle for your machine (80/12)
- 2 cuts of white fabric for the hoop size to be used ( I use woven iron on interfacing – by Pellon. So this can be used for more than one project)
- 2 cuts of tear a way stabilizer for the hoop size to be used
- Copy your PDF files and your embroidery files to a USB Drive, from the C
- PRINT any directions that are on your CD and NOT in your book or pattern. ( the Seasonal Placemats Pattern, we are only using the embroidery files and the directions for placement. WE ARE NOT MAKING THE PLACEMATS IN THIS CLASS. THIS IS ABOUT LEARNING THE TECHNIQUE.